Asphalt 8 and 9 causing Intel i5 9400 to run hot & loud on Windows 10 pro - 20H2

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean James Broderick
  • Start date Start date
S

Sean James Broderick

Hi guys, I have a new PC -Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B365M DS3H (U3E1), with Intel Core i5 9400 @ 2.90GHz Coffee Lake.

Windows 10 Pro 2004 currently updated to 20H2.

The issues are that when playing certain games Asphalt 8 and 9 the pc starts to sound like its going to take off or something! + the temp rises sometimes to the 70's then occasionally the game crashes altogether?

I have had the PC back to the store, which ran various tests via online service with Gigabyte and changed thermal paste etc: And assured me that the pc was fine. The thing is the only apps or games this happens with is Asphalt8 and Asphalt9? Both of are from the Microsoft store? as soon as i close the game, the noise and temp go back to normal? The guy in the store said that maybe it was something to do with the new PC is running the latest windows 10 2004- 20H2? And that some non windows apps and games may have a conflict, have you had this issue reported before. The games ran fine with no problems on the previos PC with windows 1909? And has there seems to be no way backwards 2004 pc's, so Im stuck with this problem.

I contacted Intel and ran various tests and my unit passed there tests so the i5 processor is ok, I have also reached out to Gameloft also! (I shall not hold my breath) Any ideas or suggestions

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Be Safe Guys,

Sean

Continue reading...

Back