Application using expired SSL Certificate on my computer...

• Thread starter Thread starter John Was Once Happy
  • Start date Start date
J

John Was Once Happy

Well - it has come to this. I throw myself at the mercy of the smarter masses.

Here is the situation in as best I can describe it. Understanding that I do not know how certificates work and I am not a OS Guru - just a plain user who is now stuck like deer in headlights.

I have an application called iLok from a company called Pace. It allows licenses to be transferred to a specialized USB dongle that then allows me to run specialized software installed on my computer for audio processing.

This ilok application goes to the ilok website to refresh licenses so I can use them. About May 20 of this year is started telling me it could not connect to the server. Never seen that before. Multiple email and escalations I am told by Pace that my SSL Certificate is a problem and that is for Microsoft to assist with. Apparently the certificate died on may 30 of this year. I have no idea how to upgrade the cert or how to do it. I am familiar with the Cert manager and can see the few that have expired on that day. db3c60a9-183b-4ee2-80bf-939e35ece458?upload=true.png

Now interestingly the provider has a page that said they have a fix - but i will be darned if I know what they are actually telling me to do.

Sectigo Knowledge Base

Here are the certs on my system that seem to be the offending ones:

ad1f922f-553f-4994-8586-cb297dadff72?upload=true.png

So that is my sad story. Regular user of computers whos ship has thrown onto the rocks of technical uncertainty and forced into a never ending rabbit hole of despair. Because of this issue - I cannot use licenses that drive much of my audio processing.

have pity ... and thanks....

Continue reading...

Back