All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt

• Thread starter Thread starter Armand_01
  • Start date Start date
A

Armand_01

I was using Blender for a project, and I tried opening its own file type in it, which is .blend, but it wasn't associated with that application. So I went to a .blend file's properties, and choose the app blender.exe for it to be opened in. Guess what, every program's icon suddenly turns into Blender's. From Chrome, through Total Commander till Steam.

I tried reseting the default applications, but that didn't do anything. So I tried looking for solutions on my phone, and I came across a method involving the Command prompt. But, guess what, that also tries to open in Blender.

Another method I found was a registry edit one, in form of a .reg file. What I did was copy that text on my phone, made a .txt out of it, brought it over to my PC via cable (because you know, there's no other way), then opened the .txt in Notepad (which still works luckily) and I saved it as a .reg file on my desktop. So now I have this .reg file containing:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe\UserChoice]

Continue reading...

Back