Align to Grid Disabled, but desktop icons STILL snapping to a grid after Windows 10 update

• Thread starter Thread starter KMiller34
  • Start date Start date
K

KMiller34

Hi!

I have Windows 10 and it just did an update (againt my wishes, if I can permanetly disable that I would!). The update was about 20 minutes and when it was finished, all appeared normal until I saved a file to my desktop and realized that all my icons were repositioned.

I tried turning off/on the align to grid feature but even when disabled, my files and folders on the deskop appear to be snapping to a grid. Right now, there is almost an inch of space between the icon and the bottom of my screen. Before, I could almost hide the icon off of the screen it was able to go so low. Also, when I try to drag the file/folder to the edge of the screen (left or right), it jumps to a totaly different location and is spacing them out as if on a grid. Before, I was able to overlap the icons (which I prefer) and place them as close together as I wanted.

Is there another setting I'm overlooking? This is driving me nuts because it leaves my icons "floating" in the middle of my screen.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Continue reading...

Back