Windows prompted me to activate my already activated copy of windows, but can't - error code 0xC004F074

T

Tyrrhena

Hi,

I upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 some time ago and everything had been going fine until I see a message saying that my windows activation will expire soon. I tried re-entering my key and it gave me an error. Tried some of the work arounds I have seen on these forums and nothing has worked - in fact it seems to have made it worse. I tried purging the key from the system and re-entering it, however it says:

The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)

I dug around further and the furthest I was able to get was to get the message:

We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Home. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home.

Searched for how to fix this and saw to type slmgr -dli into the command prompt. It told me that:

Please use slmgr.vbs /ato to activate and update KMS client information in order to update values. (0xC00F056)

So I did and:

The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. No Key Management Service (KMS) could be contacted. Please see the Application Event Log for additional information.

Now I'm unsure how to proceed with fixing this error

Continue reading...

Top Bottom